7391 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Failures against host profile

Jags_21
HPE Pro

Failures against host profile

Hi,

A New Installation of ESXi 5.0 was carried out and created a host profile out of it and the host profile was applied to another server, both the servers are of same config but getting host profile compliance as Noncomplaint and error as below.

Compliance Failure 

Failures Against Host Profile

Found extra CIM-XML Indication Subscription on local system for query SELECT*From CIM_ProcessIndication sent to destination file://

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

4 REPLIES 4
Perick

Re: Failures against host profile

Hello, I have same Issue,

I host profile I remove " CIM-XLM"   Subscription.

The error disapear, but i dont know actually if it' change the comporment for HP SIM and the action of Hardware Management.

Best Regard

Ludovic

M_Hoogenkamp

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue here, but there's no solution posted.

Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

this message is by design, because the URL is different for each host system. Just uncheck the option in the host profile.

Best regards,
Patrick
Kashif Ahmed
Advisor

Hi,

One of my friend has obseved that the Host Profile error is created because when you enable SNMP on a host, and then apply the profile, the host then generates the CIM info.

The way around this is to create the host profile from a host where SNMP is already enabled (thus filling out the CIM info for you). Or creating a new "temporary" Host Profile from another host with SNMP enabled, and copy + paste into your newly created Host Profile.