5809 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

First time ESXi on ML350 G6

Cormacd
Occasional Contributor

First time ESXi on ML350 G6

Hi,
I'm installing ESXi for first time on HP and looking for tips from members here.

On the VMware site they have v4.1 but only a hp v4.0. Is there a difference between these installs?

Anything else would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Ali
HPE Pro

Re: First time ESXi on ML350 G6

hi there,

Are you facing any issue while installing?

Use ILO virtual media to install it as I observed few issues while installing from local DVD.

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Cormacd
Occasional Contributor

Been having a bit of trouble. Get through the install until asked where to install, I'm getting the error: Unable to find the system image to install. This is due to the image not being mounted correctly or CD-ROM not being supported.

I have tried a copy from VMware and from HP, checked both md5 check sums and they were good.

I have 3 SAS drives setup as RAID 5, i noticed that ESXi is seeing them as REMOTE drive's, is this correct?
I connected a usb key to the motherboard and this showed up as local, still didnt work.

I tried creating a bootable usb but I got the same error.

From reading I see that people advise to use an external usb optical drive. I will try this in the morning. If that fails I might need to but the advanced license to use the virtual drive in iLO2.
Ali
HPE Pro

Yeah... that's right I also see many people including me having issue with local installation...

you may use the 60 days free ILO 2 Advance evaluation license.... :)
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/tryinsightcontrol/index.html

thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Cormacd
Occasional Contributor

I connected a usb drive and it installed fine.

Because im using SAS drive's they show up as remote
Cormacd
Occasional Contributor

Using an external usb drive i could successfully install ESXi