Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Operating System - VMware
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP ESXi 4.1 Offline Bundle 1.0a - No Storage Status

Lin-Chow Sim
Occasional Visitor

HP ESXi 4.1 Offline Bundle 1.0a - No Storage Status

Just curious if anyone is having the same problem, after applying the new ESXi 4.1 Offline Bundle 1.0a to our HP Proliant DL585 G5, the vSphere Client - Health Status no longer shows the Storage information, it was working in 1.0.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES
Quake Lin
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP ESXi 4.1 Offline Bundle 1.0a - No Storage Status

I got the same issue:
DL580 G5, ESXi 4.1, hp-esxi4.1uX-bundle-1.0a.zip

no storage and ilo information in vCenter, and only Processer+storage infor when using vSphere client connect to the host directly

Garrein
Occasional Visitor

Hi guys,

I've installed VMware ESXi 4.1-update1 downloaded from the VMWare website on a first server. I had the problem that the storage didn't show on trhe tab Configuration > Health Status.
I googled and looked through forums a lot and the solution would be to install the HP Offline bundle hp-esxi4.1uX-bundle-1.0a.zip that can be found on the HP driver website. For the first server this was indeed the solution.
A second server, a HP ML370 G5 to be exact, I installed with the same ISO using a CDROM I've installed on an USB stick. Here too I did'nt have the storage shown on the same path in vSphere Client. But when I installed the same bundle, the storage does show in the tab Configuration > HealthStatus. But now everything else is gone.

Did anyone experience this?

Kind regards,

Bart
Garrein
Occasional Visitor

For the record, I did try the HP bundles 1.0a, 1.0b and 1.1a.

Bart