Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - VMware
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP ESXi Hardware Sensor Incorrect.

Ryan Jackson
Occasional Contributor

HP ESXi Hardware Sensor Incorrect.

Hello.

I a running ESXi 4.1 on a HP Proliant ML350G6. I loaded ESXi 4.1 from the HP ESXi media and I able to see all my hardware details.

However, my server has one power supply installed. When I view the hardware details from the vSphere client it shows "Power Supply 2" with a status of "Unknown". Since I am using Veeam to monitor my server I continually get alerts regarding the state of power supply 2 which of course I don't even have installed.

How can I remove this hardware sensor? I have checked both the bios and the ESX and can't find where I might disable it.

Thank you.
1 REPLY
Daniel Bowers
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP ESXi Hardware Sensor Incorrect.

If you have an older version of BIOS, this bit from recent ML350 G6 BIOS release notes might be related:

>>Resolved an issue which could result in the power supply state being reported as "warning" for a non-installed power supply by some industry standard utilities that read power supply information from the industry standard SMBIOS tables.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3884315&swItem=MTX-6e94369e754a49748b1db577f3&prodNameId=3884316&swEnvOID=4064&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=5