108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris House
Frequent Advisor

HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter

How/where do you get the plugin installed in the vSphere client in order to use the Insight Control for VMware vCenter? I have installed the core & server modules, but never saw anything about adding the plugin to the client in order to actually use it.
6 REPLIES 6
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Christopher,

you can install the module whereever you want.
Afterwards you must configure the plugin on its website(standard: https://localhost:50025/setupwizard). When finished successfully you can install/use the plungin on your client as every vsphere client plugin:
Menu => Plug-ins => Manage Plug-ins

kind regards
Markus
Chris House
Frequent Advisor

I have the server module installed on a server and then I have the storage module installed elsewhere. Neither of these servers is the vCenter server. Even if I install them both on the same server, but not the vcenter server, then I still do not know how to get the plugin installed in the client. It is not in the plugin list and I don't know how it could be since vCenter doesn't know about insight control service on other servers.
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

as already written: You have to configure the Insight Control for vCenter BEFORE you can use it in your vmware client.
In this configuration you have to provide vcenter network and login information.
This is how your vcenter will become aware of the insight control part and also your client.
Please have a look at the attached screenshot and confirm you also did this config steps successfully.

kr
Markus
Chris House
Frequent Advisor

Yep, I have done that, filling in information for vCenter, iLOs and OAs. But still no plugin is visible in vSphere client. Are you saying after configuring this, that it should be visible?
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor
Solution

correct.
The upper part of the attached screen shows the info of an ESX Host, the lower one the "administration" part of your "vsphere client-home" screen.

Nothing else to do than to configure the plugin via its webpage and relaunch your vsphere client.
Do you have a firewall between the vcenter, sim, oa and plugin server in place? Verify the working communication between all of them.
Furthermore verify you have fulfilled all hard/software req. ( http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02030875/c02030875.pdf )

kr
Markus
Chris House
Frequent Advisor

After correcting the username/password for the vCenter host, it seems to be working now. I now see the plugin activated and the Insight Control tab. Thanks!