3871 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP OEM SBS2008 - This system is not supported platform

Cormacd
Occasional Contributor

HP OEM SBS2008 - This system is not supported platform

Hi,
I've installed ESXi 4.1 on a HP ProLiant ML350 G6 server. I've created the VM and I'm now trying to install SBS 2008 Standard. The disk is the one I got with the server.

Up on the screen I get a message 'Validating HP Platform, Please wait.....' Then I get back a message saying 'This system is not supported platform'

I'm guessing that this is because its a hp oem version and that it is trying to check the server bios but esxi is blocking it. Is there any way around this.
5 REPLIES 5
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
I am afraid the check is hardcoded into your sbs iso and you will have big problem to get through...

Jan
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Though you are trying a new install, I think the note from http://h30248.www3.hp.com/ess/proliant_promo_landing.html applies to you:

* In order to legally move the OEM Microsoft Windows Server operating system purchased with the source server, the customer must be up to date with the Microsoft Software Assurance maintenance plan with regard to the Microsoft Windows Server operating system installed on their source server. For further information from Microsoft please visit http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/programs/sa/default.mspx
Jags_21
HPE Pro

HI,

you can try adding the below parameter in vmx file of the VM from console or power off the VM and goto VM Properties Options tab, in Advanced > General > Configuration Parameters

SMBIOS.reflectHost=TRUE

Regards,
Jagadish
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

While that might fool it into working, keep in mind it would still be in violation of the EULA.
GigaTech

Sorry, I know this is an old thread...

I have a DL180 G6, VMware ESXi 4.1, SBS 2008 Standard, hp branded...

the SBS 2008 Standard comes twoproduct keys that you can use...

one is for phsicial installations and the other is for Virtual installations

it is my understanding that you can only use ONE key either/or?

but still get this error "This system is not supported platform" when installing either from an ISO in the datastore or direct from the CD in the server!!

Please help?