Operating System - VMware
1748163 Members
3663 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP P2000 Software Plug-in for VMware VAAI vSphere 5.0/5.1/5.5 not installing on esxi 5.5 hosts

mkay299
Occasional Contributor

HP P2000 Software Plug-in for VMware VAAI vSphere 5.0/5.1/5.5 not installing on esxi 5.5 hosts

I dont know if im doing somthing incorrectly but when i download the plugin downloaded from the following link and attempt to install it through vcenter update manager it is reporting as an esxi 5.1 patch and will not show up to be installed on any 5.5 hosts.  

here: https://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_9df3d461bea14caba57e5b56a9%257CswEnvOID%253D%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoke...

thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to VMware > ESXi. - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Re: HP P2000 Software Plug-in for VMware VAAI vSphere 5.0/5.1/5.5 not installing on esxi 5.5 hosts

Hello,

You need to use VAAI Plug-in for VMware vSphere 5.x version:2.00

Click here for more information on Isntalling VMware VAAI.

Thanks,

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

mkay299
Occasional Contributor

thanks for the response, the link that you posted has a link at the bottom to here

In that document if you read the section titled "Installing the HP VAAI Plug-in using VUM" that process does not seem to work on 5.5 hosts, im not looking for another way to do this im asking if im the only one who this way doesnt work for or if this is a bug with the relase.

Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi

The steps you have pointed should work, if still facing issue I would suggest to get touch with HP VMware Support team to get further troubleshooting done.

Thanks

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

mkay299
Occasional Contributor

here is a forum where someone else having the exact same issue and resolving it by manually adding the plug-in, while i can do that i have 20 hosts and manually adding it will be time consuming.  I dont see why HP cant just fix the patch so that it will work the same way with esxi 5.5 as it did (and likely still does) with esxi 5.0.

once again just to recap, i can upload the patch to VUM but it shows to be the old patch, i mistyped in my original post it acutally shows up at a 5.0 patch, so it will not allow me to install it on a 5.5 host (it also shows a release date of 10/10/11) im starting to think you just have the wrong patch up for download.  Ive attached an screen grab of what the patch looks like in VUM.