Operating System - VMware
1753960 Members
7457 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE Proliant Dl380 gen9 + HBA H241 direct connected to IBM Storwize V5010 shows only LUN 0

ZEHETAL
Occasional Contributor

HPE Proliant Dl380 gen9 + HBA H241 direct connected to IBM Storwize V5010 shows only LUN 0

We wanted to deploy a new server - storage combination with direct-connected SAS to our environment. We are using existing HPE Proliant Dl380 Gen9 where we added HPE HBA Smart Array H241. We connected with Original HP SAS Cable directly to the front end ports of brandnew IBM Storwize V5010 and in the first case everthing seems to work.

In the following we were able to see the Host mapped LUN 0 on the storage, but non of the other LUN´s. On the Host we have installed VMware Vsphere 6.5 U1g Build 7967591 and the firmware of the controller is the latest (6.60B).

Is there a possibility of any misconfiguration of the H241 HBA?

There are a lot of older community discussions concerning that HBA and NetApp Storage systems with the same error, but older Vmware versions.

1 REPLY 1
RaviTyagi
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Proliant Dl380 gen9 + HBA H241 direct connected to IBM Storwize V5010 shows only LUN 0

Hello 

This looks to be a problem on the storage end . Please reach out to IBM for further Investigation . 

Regards,

RRT

I am an HPE Employee

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo