Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - VMware
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Download and Install Management Agents for ESX 3?

SOLVED
Go to solution
HTH_1
Occasional Advisor

How to Download and Install Management Agents for ESX 3?

I have an DL380 G3 and an evaluation of ESX 3. I was able to install ESX on the box. I downloaded the Agents for ESX 3 from HP web stie. The instruction said log into the console as root then download the package to a directory on your hard drive. How do I download from the console? I can download to my PC, upload to a storage using VMI Client but I don't see the downloaded file when I am at the console. Please advice. Thanks.
2 REPLIES
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to Download and Install Management Agents for ESX 3?

The download has ended up on a datastore, no?
You can locate it with the 'find' command, e.g.

# find /vmfs/volumes/ -name "*hpmgmt*" -print

Or look for the "WinSCP" program which allows you to transfer files between the service console's own file systems.
HTH_1
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to Download and Install Management Agents for ESX 3?

I installed WinSCP. In VI Client I created a user named HPAgent and made it member of root, sys, adm groups and removed HPAgent from users groups. Logging as HPAgent I can upload files to its home folder only. Where to change the permissions so the user HPAgent can upload files to other folders beside its home folder? Thanks.