Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - VMware
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a VMware player for HP Thin T5740

Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Need a VMware player for HP Thin T5740

I tried installing a VMware player on a thin, i get a message that CPU doesn't have VM componante.

Is there any other way?

Dan

2 REPLIES
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: Need a VMware player for HP Thin T5740

Hello,

check this page:

http://www.vmware.com/support/player40/doc/releasenotes_player40.html#Installation_Requirements

Installation Requirements

When you install Workstation, the installer performs checks to make sure the host system has a processor that meets the following requirements. You cannot install Workstation if the host system does not meet these requirements.

• 64-bit x86 CPU
  • LAHF/SAHF support in long mode

You can use CPU-Z or a similar utility to determine if the host system CPU is 64-bit capable. CPU-Z shows EM64T (Intel) or AMD64 (AMD) if the processor is 64-bit capable.

If you plan to install a 64-bit guest operating system in a virtual machine, the host system must have one of the following processors. Workstation will not allow you to install a 64-bit guest operating system if the host system does not have one of these processors.

• AMD CPU that has segment-limit support in long mode.
  • Intel CPU that has VT-x support. VT-x support must be enabled in the host system BIOS. The BIOS settings that must be enabled for VT-x support vary depending on the system vendor. See VMware KB article 1003944 for information on how to determine if VT-x support is enabled.

I am afraid Intel Atom in t5740 can not handle it.

Jan

indus
HPE Pro

Re: Need a VMware player for HP Thin T5740

Hi,

As per my knowledge thin clients are used with view client and coming to vmware player it could be a reason on both processor and host OS which is not supported.

Thanks,

I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details