QLogic QConverge Console (QCC) plug-in for VMware- vSphere 6.5/6.7/7.0

NelsonBA
Visitor

QLogic QConverge Console (QCC) plug-in for VMware- vSphere 6.5/6.7/7.0

Hello,

I've been trying to install the vSphere plugin of:
QConverge Console (QCC) plug-in for VMware- vSphere 6.5/6.7/7.0

Which is available to download from this URL:
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_b8c15cc415e848fa957fc4abe9&swEnvOid=2000353#tab4

And for some reason, I've many dificulties in installing this, at the moment I'm using vSphere 7.0.2, and I think it is supposede to be supported since the package only mentions as main release 7.0

So, I've tried to install the plugin in different server/vm, it may be windows/linux, both of them fails in plugin registration to vSphere. It's not related to credentials because from that server/vm I don't see any connections being made to vCenter, so I believe it is something related to the installer...

I've also, tried to bring the installer and put inside of the VCSA vCenter server, and by running inside of VCSA the installer does not fail, but the webclient HTML5 still fails to load the plugin itself, in vCenter administration area, in plugins section, shows the QLogic plugin with Error status.

So, after trying out so many ways to put this usefull plugin to work which in every way still fails, I would like to ask if someone here had an oportunity to try out this plugin and if it got it working. If yes, please, let me know how you did it.

Thanks,
Regards

3 REPLIES 3
sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

Re: QLogic QConverge Console (QCC) plug-in for VMware- vSphere 6.5/6.7/7.0

@NelsonBA

I have tested it on esxi6.5 and esxi6.7 and i have used "cim_provider-vi_plugin-2.0.33-4-CERTIFIED.zip"

Essentially it involve three steps.

Install Adapter Provider
Install Webclient Plugin, or
Install Vshpere_client Plugin,

Note:
You need to install right plugin and adapter provider depending upon your Esxi version.

1. Install the right "Qlogic-adapter-provider" on your esxi host where you have Qlogic HBA, 
   e.g.,
  Install "QLogic_bootbank_qlogic-adapter-provider_1.7.21-1391871.vib" esxi6.5 host.
  You can get it from offline bundle: qlogic_adapter_provider_vmware_esx6x-1.7.21\VMW-ESX-6.x.0-qlogic-adapter-provider-1.7.21-1391871-offline_bundle-16256517.zip

After host reboot, restart the SFCB CIMOM and the QLogic Adapter CIM Provider:
  # /etc/init.d/sfcbd-watchdog restart
  # esxcli system wbem set -e true
Verify webm the status, it should show "Enabled: True"
  #esxcli system wbem get

2.Install right Qlogic Plugin (Web_client Plugin or Vshpere_client plug-in) for For VCSA

Note: Since Vcenter is part of VCSA which is Linux VM, so we need to install the required Linux plug-ins in the VCSA.  
We have used VCSA 6.5

Transfer plugin "QLogic_Adapter_Web_Client_Plugin_Linux_x64_2_0_33_0.bin" to your VCSA tmp directory 
Give executable permission then install.
# chmod +x QLogic_Adapter_Web_Client_Plugin_Linux_x64_2_0_33_0.bin
Install Plugin
# ./QLogic_Adapter_Web_Client_Plugin_Linux_x64_2_0_33_0.bin

After successful installation:

Restart the following service if VCSA version 6.5
# /etc/init.d/vmware-vpxd restart
or
For VCSA version 6.7
Service-control --restart vmware-vpxd

or 

Install Vshpere_client Plugin , same way you installed Web_Client_Plugin

Note:
Either the web-client plug-in or Vshpere_client plug-in can be used, it is not necessary to install both. 
However, if required, you can also install the "QLogic_Adapter_vSphere_Client_Plugin_Linux_x64_2_0_33_0.binтАЭ 
in a similar manner and after that vmware-vpxd service restart,
then open a new browser session, login into vSphere Client and you will find the required information. 

3.Close all open browser, open a new browser session and access vSphere Web Client. 
  Select the host and click on тАЬconfigureтАЭ tab, QConvergeConsole would be listed under тАЬMoreтАЭ.

Also

For VMWare vCenter 6.x deployed on windows Host, use below files from the offline bundle.

vSphere_Client_Plugin ->"QLogic_Adapter_vSphere_Client_Plugin_2_0_33_0.exe" & 
Web_Client_Plugin     ->"QLogic_Adapter_Web_Client_Plugin_2_0_33_0.exe"

Hope this is useful.  

Regards,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo

NelsonBA
Visitor

Hello @sudhirsingh ,

I understant that you've tested in earlier versions of ESXi and vCenter, but still it does not solve my problem, because as I've stated in my first message, I'm using the latest version of ESXi and vCenter which is 7.0.

And it is in that version that I'm having issues but specificaly on vCenter, as the plugin does not get installed correctly.

Since you've been doing some tests in vmware 6.5 and 6.7 plattform, can you also please do some adittional tests but in the latest version/build of vmware 7.0?

Thank you and
Best regards,
Nelson

sudhirsingh
HPE Pro

@NelsonBA

I will try to test and update this post later since i don't have any setup right now.

Thanks,

Sudhir

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

>Accept or Kudo