5104 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Qlogic QMH4062 and Vsphere

VMSE
Occasional Contributor

Qlogic QMH4062 and Vsphere

Hello,

I have a C7000 chassis with 2 Qlogic iSCSI QMH4062 mezzanine modules and a built-in HP NIC installed in my HP Bl460c. The built-in HP NIC was detected during installation but not the two Qlogic QMH4062 mezzanine modules. I am not able to find any driver or update for QMH4062. Can someone please help?

Thanks for your help.

Pete
4 REPLIES 4
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Re: Qlogic QMH4062 and Vsphere

Hello,

These are supported "out of the box".

Does the server recognize the adapters (check bios)

Always check: www.vmware.com/go/hcl

Regards
VMSE
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply Neil. They show in the Blade Bios as Unknown devices, but they are recognized in the chassis.

It is also listed as supported by ESX4.0:

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?action=search&deviceCategory=io&productId=1&advancedORbasic=advanced&maxDisplayRows=50&key=QMH4062&release[]=-1&datePosted=-1&partnerId[]=-1&nports[]=-1&vid=&did=&svid=&ssid=&rorre=0

It has a footnote listed under VMware HLC as:

Device Drivers:

* 1. qla4xxx version 5.01.00.vm1

is that the driver that is needed for ESX4.0? where am I suppose to get it? is it from HP, Qlogic or VMware?

Thanks Again!
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Pete,
the driver is included in the ESX installation media - no extra download needed. If the Blade's BIOS does not recognize the card, I'd assume that it does not properly set up the internal tables and this prevents ESX from recognizing the card as well.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I've not seen anything that indicates this may be an issue, but are you on the latest BIOS for the BL460c?
The other issue I've had with BL's was a faulty motherboard that caused similar issues with an HBA.
If possible, try the HBA's in another server.