Operating System - VMware
1752689 Members
5423 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Remote CLI error libxml2.dll error. The application has failed to start because libxml2.dll was no

UK-Blr
Frequent Advisor

Remote CLI error libxml2.dll error. The application has failed to start because libxml2.dll was no

Hi,

I get the following error, when i run the remote cli on windows 2003 32bit server.

"The application has failed to start because libxml2.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this error."

I have reinstalled many times. stll the same error.

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VI Remote CLI\bin>esxcfg-advcfg.pl
Can't load 'C:/Program Files/VMware/VMware VI Remote CLI/Perl/site/lib/auto/XML/
LibXML/Common/Common.dll' for module XML::LibXML::Common: load_file:The specifie
d module could not be found at C:/Program Files/VMware/VMware VI Remote CLI/Perl
/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at C:/Program Files/VMware/VMware VI Remote CLI/Perl/site/lib/XML/LibXML.pm lin
e 12
Compilation failed in require at C:/Program Files/VMware/VMware VI Remote CLI/Pe
rl/site/lib/XML/LibXML.pm line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Program Files/VMware/VMware VI Remote CL
I/Perl/site/lib/XML/LibXML.pm line 12.
Compilation failed in require at C:/Program Files/VMware/VMware VI Remote CLI/Pe
rl/lib/VMware/VICommon.pm line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Program Files/VMware/VMware VI Remote CL
I/Perl/lib/VMware/VICommon.pm line 11.
rl/lib/VMware/VIRuntime.pm line 15.
Compilation failed in require at C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VI Remote CLI\bi
n\esxcfg-advcfg.pl line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VI Remote CL
I\bin\esxcfg-advcfg.pl line 19.

1 REPLY 1
VORAV
Advisor

Re: Remote CLI error libxml2.dll error. The application has failed to start because libxml2.dll was no

The Perl installation is not in the Path environment variable. Add the following location to the Path environment variable:

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VI Remote CLI\Perl\bin

- Right click My Computer
- Select Properties from the context menu
- Select the Advance tab
- Click Environment Variables button
- Select Path in the System Variables and click Edit
- Append ;C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware VI Remote CLI\Perl\bin to the Path
- Click OK
- Click OK
- Click OK

Exit from current command prompt.

Start a new command prompt for the Path to take effect