1748179 Members
4323 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Upgrade to ESXi 5.5 U2

daywatcher
Occasional Visitor

Upgrade to ESXi 5.5 U2

I have 2 HP Proliant ML350 G6 servers, one running ESXi 4.1 and one running ESXi 5.1. These are standalone servers, no VSphere software, but we are planning to purchase and install VSphere Essentials with this upgrade.  I'm a bit confused about the "HP Offline Bundles" and what exactly I might need to upgrade these servers.

1.  Other than the HP custom ISO for ESXi 5.5U2, what if any "HP Offline Bundles" would I need?

2.  What is the installation order and process for installing the offline bundles, assuming I need one or more.

3.  When I get to the VSphere Essentials phase, do I need to purchase this from HP or from VMWare directly?

Details would be much appreciated.  Although I'm familiar with installing ESXi and some methods of upgrading, I'm not at all familiar with the offline bundles referred to in a lot of the posts here about upgrading.

TIA.

1 REPLY 1
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Re: Upgrade to ESXi 5.5 U2

Hi,

Offline bundles refers to the patch or service pack that you will need to uplaod to VMFS datastore and then from the SSH console, you will need to run it manually then perform the reboot.

Best regards,