Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - VMware
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMware / EM64T / VTd // HP DC7900

SOLVED
Go to solution
Martin Szinger
Occasional Visitor

VMware / EM64T / VTd // HP DC7900

This HP7900, running an x64 Windows OS (Win 7 Ultimate), fails VMware's 64-bit guest host processor compatability check. The Intel CPU should be fine so I suspect BIOS support for EM64T & VTd, as VMware suggests.

The BIOS (v1.19) allows VTd enable (under System Security) which I turned on. No options for EM64T to be found. Saved / rebooted, no dice.

So can the DC7900 be setup to support 64-bit guest hosts under VMware or not?

Thanks
2 REPLIES
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Re: VMware / EM64T / VTd // HP DC7900

On the servers we usually enable No-Execute in combination with the Intel-VT setting.

Regards
tommy jensen_1
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: VMware / EM64T / VTd // HP DC7900

I have exactly the same problem on the HP DC7900 with Windows Enterprise 64bit host and loading a 64bit guest OS running on BIOS v.1.22, HP please advice ?