5216 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VMware product codes?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Brad Kilgore

VMware product codes?

We have an active support agreement, but our licenses are not showing on the VMware site. Where do I get the Product activation codes to enter on the vmware site so we can generate license keys?

Thank you
6 REPLIES 6
Prokopets
Respected Contributor
Solution

Hi!
If you have a support agreement with HP, you can open a case on itrc and they'll send you all information you need. But you should have support contract ID to submit a case.
Regards,
Philipp.
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
do you have vmware account?
could you log into https://www.vmware.com/accounts/ and see your subsciption etc.. ?

Jan
Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Ah, the main question: where have you bought you VMWare licenses - from HP or directly from VMWare? In second case you surely should check your vmware account.

Regards,
Philipp.
Brad Kilgore

We purchased these licenses through a reseller from HP. We do have a VMware account and have logged into the VMware site and do not see these licenses.

In researching, it appears that we did not receive the product activation codes when we purchased the licenses. VMware has not been able to find the licenses, and is still researching. HP has a record of the licenses and the support contract but points us to the reseller and distributor to get the codes. We do have a support contract ID. The reseller points us to HP and the distributor pointed us here... :(

Prokopets
Respected Contributor

Brad, i had the same problem with hp support contract ID. Have you received a welcome letter from HP after you bought this licenses? In my situation, i haven't received it and contacted with local hp representative, who redirected my question to hp's support. After some mails i've received welcome letter with all instructions about support contract ID in one day. So, i think, that's not a reseller's problem, try to find a local hp sales who works with your reseller.

Regards,
Philipp.
Brad Kilgore

We did not receive a welcome letter from HP, so our situation sounds similar. I'll try opening a case with HP support, hopefully I can make some progress.

Thanks everyone for your advise.