Operating System - VMware
1752448 Members
5992 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: What is the difference between HP Management Agents and HP System Management Homepage?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gonzi
Occasional Contributor

What is the difference between HP Management Agents and HP System Management Homepage?

I have a DL 360 G6. I like know what is the difference between HP Management Agents and HP System Management Homepage?

P.S. This thread has been moved from VMware>General to ESX. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Gonzi
Occasional Contributor

Re: What is the difference between HP Management Agents and HP System Management Homepage?

I want to clarify that I like install ESX 4.x and I like to manage it.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

The management agents are the interface that understands the hardware. The System Management Homepage is the interface that talks to the user's web browser and the management agents. The agents are also used by the HP Systems Insight Manager for a central fault notification.
Gonzi
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. Then I have to install both if I want to manage hardware level from ESX?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

The 'hpmgmt' package includes both.