1752805 Members
5543 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Write Latency with P212

Brandon Lemoine

Write Latency with P212

We have a new server with a P212 controller 256 cache. This server maintains a write latency of around 28ms, real is around 3ms, even if the servers VM is not doing anything. This server is currently running one VM. We had issues with the server running at all, so we upgraded the firmware on the controller, 2.5 or whatever is the latest version. This helped with just getting it to work but again seems like this is our of the norm, very slow.

Setup:
ESX 4.1.0,260247
HP DL180 G6, (1) 2.66GHz L5520 with 8GB RAM.
Smart Array P212 (Part # 462834-B21) with 2-15K drivers, RAID 1

We have another server with a P410 running 4 VM's with no issues.

Thank you,
4 REPLIES 4
Brandon Lemoine

Re: Write Latency with P212

I even paused the VM and the Write Latency is at 27 and the Read is at 3 constantly. I verified this with ESXTOP (D) G & DAVG/cmd is around 30. With (V) nothing as the VM is not running.

Jags_21
HPE Pro

try updating the ESX 4.1 to build no.: 348481 (update 1) also upgrade the firmware of BIOS on the server and monitor
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Brandon Lemoine

Yea, did that no luck. Called HP, they are sending a new controller. I hope that helps. I will keep updating.
Brandon Lemoine

This was an off site server. After going on-site it seems the controller cache might have been disabled. We change the controller and cache along with verifying the setup.