1752815 Members
6145 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vSphere ESXi 5.0 comparability matrix list

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

And VMware-support tells to ask HP or Emulex for an updated driver.

Geoliquid
Occasional Advisor

There is some news. According to HP documnet c03005737:

RESOLUTION
Flex-10 and FlexFabric configurations are not supported with the VMware ESXi 5.0 inbox be2net driver version 4.0.88.0 due to a VLAN tagging issue. This version of the driver only affects Virtual Connect configurations and only applies to the inbox ESXi 5.0 be2net driver version 4.0.88.

The async be2net 4.0.355 driver, which will allow Virtual Connect support on Emulex devices with Emulex devices with VMware ESXi 5.0, is currently in the certification process. This driver will be available on VMware's website for download in mid-September 2011.

This advisory will be updated when the drivers are available.

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

There is new firmware (version 4.0.348.0) available on HP-site for Emulex LOM/CNA with official vSphere 5 support. 

United1
Occasional Visitor

Great.. we are waiting here!

Geoliquid
Occasional Advisor

Just tried the new firmware and it did not solve the problem but I didn't expect it to. I guess I just have to wait for the updated be2net driver to be released.

Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

yes there is a new update in firmware from HP and I believe by this week end there should be new driver release from vmware, coming to updated HP ESXi 5.0 image not sure when it will be released.

Regards,

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

And now the new firmware is gone.

Geoliquid
Occasional Advisor

Great! hopefully it wasn't pulled because of issues with it. I already applied it. 

A month after the release of vsphere 5 and it is still not supported on some of HP's most popular blade servers.

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

A new be2net driver is now available on the vmware site. VMware ESXi 5.0 Driver CD for Emulex OCe11102 be2net NIC Tried this in combination with the new firmware en everything seems to be fine now.

Geoliquid
Occasional Advisor

I applied the new be2net driver on a bl460c g7 installed with the HP esxi 5 iso and was able to connect and manage the host but started experiancing connection timeout issues.

I reinstalled using the vmware esxi 5 media from vmware.com and then installed the new be2net driver and all is good so far.