1748169 Members
3968 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: vSphere ESXi 5.0 comparability matrix list

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

I hink you need to update the iscsi driver as well if you want to use the HP image. There's also a special driver available on the vmware site.

dm6079
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone experienced similar problems with the the BL465-G7 blade ??  It has the NC551i variant of this Emulex CNA, All the previous reports in this thread refer to the NC553i as found in the Intel blades.

thanks,

Don M.

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

For NC551i (OCe10102) you also have to use a new driver available from vmware site.

Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

There is a new HP Image released, you can find in the below link

Image : 5.0 Sep2011 ESXi HD-USB-SDImgeInstlr (Z7550-00235.iso)

Click here for the image download.

Thanks,

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

Yes, updated image, but still without updated driver. You still need to download from vmware site.

TWDube

Try the Esxi5 Driver Rollup 1 Cd/DVD.  Boot this, apply it, and it will install v4.0.355.1.  Maybe flash the firmware to the latest as well.  I did both of these and it seems to have solved the problem.  VM's now work on a vswitch with VLANs.

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

The Driver Rollup CD does not do any firmware update. HP should release  the new firmware again.

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor

The latetest HP exsi release (october) now contains the updated driver. The new firmware (4.0.360.7) is also available. For more information see: c03005737