108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: vmware 4.0 dl580 g5 nic´s add

jusanz
Occasional Contributor

vmware 4.0 dl580 g5 nic´s add

Hello,

2 dl580 g5 with 4 nic´s each other. vmnic 0-4
i shutdown the server´s i add 2 hp nic´s more and when the server finish starting the vmware has changed the vmnic numbers for all the nic´s.

and nothing is working.

any help, please?
5 REPLIES 5
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
it looks you have to reconfigure network/ virtual switch on your ESX server. You can do it via vmware client under configuration & networking.

jan
jusanz
Occasional Contributor

yes i think it coul be done reconfiguring all again. But when i tried to do that parameter error was pop-up.

Is there any way to set some parameter in the hp proliant in order not to change the nic´s order when new nic´s are added?

thanks
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

pretty strange... probaly contact vmware support.

Jan
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Did you try a different expansion slot?

I've noticed on some proliant servers, some expansion slots "seem" to be addressed lower then the onboard nics...making the server detect expansion slot nic's first, then onboard nics.

Possibly what happened was your server detected the new nics addressed before your existing nics so it pushed all the numbers up.

Did you try swapping your network cables around? I know.. it's probably best guess at this point as to which nic is assigned to which vswitch, but you can see the nic's go up and down in the console which might help you determine where they should be plugged back in.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
jusanz
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

i will do it.
thanks a lot for your help.