Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Operating System - VMware
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vmware on dl 380 g5

Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

vmware on dl 380 g5

hi,

i m installing esxi on dl 380 g5 server with p400 controller and all work well. then i install vspheare client and able to create and power on VM, but if i open the console i see no display. its really pissing me and please help as i tried everything but no help. i tried re-installing the vspheare client but still nothing comes in VM console but it power on/off well without any other other than its not able to find a boot device.

thanks a lot and you guys always helped me and pls do this time also.
3 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: vmware on dl 380 g5

OK, you've created a VM, have you installed an OS on it?
Creating a VM doesn't magically provide an OS, you've basically got a blank server at that point.
Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the responce. What u told is right and i know the same as well. so the problem was not OS, its the bloody vSphere client. i installed it on other system and i was able to see the display on VM.

Thanks guys.
Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

See previous post.