5981 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 40fx and Data Protector

Richard Kupca
Super Advisor

40fx and Data Protector

Hi,
configuration: W2K,Data Protector5.00,HP SureStore 40fx Jukebox.
The Jukebox was used on Unix systems. I've updated firmware to use it with DP on W2k server.DP found the 40fx as standalone device.When I configured it as a jukebox,it wasn't possible to set up the optical drives,only the files. (The messsage is something like this: It's possible to set up optical Drives on Unix system only.) Is problem with the firmware?(firmware:fx_jun01.exe)

thnx for responses
5 REPLIES 5
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Hi,
please use HP LTT http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html to generate support ticket (big support icon, .ltt file) for library, zip it and attach to your next reply
Eugeny
Richard Kupca
Super Advisor

When I add a new device as Jukebox, I can't set up Optical in "Standard type of media used in the library". DP writes the message: "Optical jukebox is supported only for UNIX clients". I can choose only "File". Does it mean 40fx isn't comtatible with HP Data protector? (In document Device_Support_Matrix_OB35.PDF, the 40fx is compatible...) Can you help?
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I'm trying, but with no luck because I can not check juke not having LTT support ticket
Eugeny
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
40fx is supported in Data Protector for HP-UX, NT4 and X2000.
Richard Kupca
Super Advisor

Thank you all,
I've found this in Data Protector Help:
"A jukebox is a magneto-optical library and can only be configured on UNIX systems."

In the Data Protector documentation is no mention about this. Damn!

Thanx for response.