6455 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 80ex Jukebox and Windows 2000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dale Barnes_1

80ex Jukebox and Windows 2000

I have this older jukebox that can be seen by 2000 but not as a library, just two removable drives.

Need to locate drivers that would allow me to control the jukebox (format disks, locate disks, mount and dismount disks etc)

Anyone know of anything out there or where I can find what I need to write my own drivers?

Thanks,

Dale
2 REPLIES 2
John Griffith_3
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi Dale,

It sounds like you're looking for the functionality of the RSM driver or a third party driver, however you want to write it yourself?

There are a couple of options to doing a "free" sollution. The first is to manually attach the RSM driver to your device. This is not "officially" supported by Microsoft because they haven't gone through all of the regression testing, however it may work for you.

This can be done through Computer Management / Device Manager, by selecting properties of the "unknown changer" that is listed and manually select and update drivers.

As far as writing your own driver there is an API the comes with RSM to allow you to do this sort of thing, however you'd have to obtain documentation on that from Microsoft.

Hope that this is helpful...

John

Dale Barnes_1

Thanks John for the info. Question, what RSM driver do I update to allow it to work? Not looking for anything fancy, just a way that I can store files on the jukebox and retrieve.

Are there any sdk information for the RSM? The only thing I have for the 80ex is the user, install and the scsci commands.

Thanks again,

Dale