Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1752716 Members
5776 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

8200f & RecordNow - Make exact copy/DAO issue

emmych

8200f & RecordNow - Make exact copy/DAO issue

I've seen other postings about Nero and the 8200f unit having issues with DAO. The problem I have is with RecordNow's Make Exact Copy command.

Not only is it NOT performing the 'exact copy' as a DAO as it should for that command, its attempt to do TAO is screwed too. It is *deleting* the last two seconds of every track to create the 2 sec gap - which is very bad buggy behavior for a CD burner/CD burning software.

I noticed this when I tried to exact copy a continuous mix cd.

For example: if track 1 on the original is 6:55, the copied disk's track 1 will be 6:53 followed by a two sec gap then track 2 starts at 0:00. !!?? It just automatically lops off those two seconds!

This has really driven me crazy and I've wasted quite a few CD's trying to figure this out. But if someone can tell me Nero will definitely work for DAO, I'll just download it and uninstall RecordNow.

BTW. I have a Toshiba Tecra 8100, Win2K, driver for 8230e (8200f ver) is 5.0.2183.1, and HP RecordNow v3.5.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from disk to Optical Jukeboxes and Drives. - Hp forum moderator