Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1752815 Members
6308 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

9100i firmware

Ian_29

9100i firmware

I have a 9100ib and it has stopped working; won't read or write. I have removed it from the Win2k PC and installed it on a Win 95 PC to run the firmware update utility (to version c), but I keep getting an error saying the device is not installed properly and to reinstall it using software disk one. I have done as instructed and there is no change. Is it time to bin the drive? It is only 18months old and used infrequently.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Jani
Advisor

Re: 9100i firmware

The device you are using are actually a 9150i device. The firmware says is it 9100b. The firmware upgrade you were talking about is not intented for this cdwriter. It is only intended for the 9100i/9110i. So don??t apply it for this cd writer or it will ruin your computer. You should do a read test. Remove the ide cable from your cd writer, don??t remove the power cable. Restart your computer then insert a media into the cd. Watch the leds, if they flash green and goes out, the device would need a service, same thing if the leds goes red.