1748156 Members
4272 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CD-rom udja 120 drivers

Bozo

CD-rom udja 120 drivers

Hello everyone.
I have an old Compaq armada 1560, with a Ma**bleep**a cd-rom UDJA 120.
My notebook (OS Windows 98) can see the cd-rom (it can eject a cd), but it can't read anything, saying that there's no media in the cd-rom.
I can't find the cd-rom drivers to install them to solve the problem, so I ask to all you for them.
Finally, another question: I can't enter the BIOS. Which is the correct button to push during the prompt?
Thank you all.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Hoang Chi Cong_1
Honored Contributor

Re: CD-rom udja 120 drivers

Hi.
Have you ever thought: You CD rom had some problem?
Because when Windows can recognize the CD rom, that mean it can install the CD rom with correct driver.
You also can try to test you CD Rom by plug it to another notebook which runs windows XP?
And for the last question: You can try by press the F2, F12 or F10. If can not. Try step by step all of the F* button. But almost compaq PC. When you want to enter BIOS, press F12 (or F2).

Goodluck to you.

Jim
Looking for a special chance.......
Bozo

Hi Jim
unfortunately, I can't try my cd-rom with another OS because it's an internal cd-rom and I don't want (and I'd be not able) to disassemble my notebook. I looked for its drivers, but I haven't still found them, so I asked for them in this forum.
I can't understand whether I just need the drivers to make it work, or/and I have some configuration problems in the BIOS. I've tried all of F* buttons, and I've upgraded my BIOS too, but I have not (still) had any good result.
Thank you anyway
Hoang Chi Cong_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Bozo.
Thanks for the point that you assign for me.

Is your notebook's configuration like this:
HARDWARE:

CPU: Intel (MR) Pentium MMX 163 MHz
RAM: 80 MB
HD: Original 3 GB (Rest in peace)
CD: 16x reader
Modem: Lucent 56K
Video: CHIPS 68544
Sound ESS 1688
I/O PS/2 mouse/keyboard port

I take a time to looking for you and I find one website which has drive software for you device.
Also has diagnostic software.
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/armada/us/locate/7_896.html
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/midrfr.html

Why don't you reinstall again the OS? This may be stupid recommend but I sometime have to do that action.
Please try to press Delete button to enter BIOS(Just try!)

Goodluck and hope this helps.

Jim
Looking for a special chance.......