Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1753776 Members
7140 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DLA task (tfswctrl.exe) hangs my PC

Todd Malone

DLA task (tfswctrl.exe) hangs my PC

Occasionally my PC with an DVD100i will hang waiting for tfswctrl.exe to end. Eventually I have to manually shut down this task. It appears that this task is related to the HP DLA application and is loaded automatically at startup even though I am not using that function.

Any ideas of why this might be happening, or what tfswctrl.exe is in conflict with?

Thanks,
Todd

P.S.This thread has been moved from Disk, Disk Arrays (Legacy) to  Optical Jukeboxes & Drives- HP Forums Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
CA800534

I have the same troubles. MSI KT266A-RU motherboard, AMD 1900+, with 512 MB DDR 2100, under Win2k with latest updates.

I was utilizing the PC-Alert III software.

It used to take several minutes for this to activate. After disabling the tfswctrl.exe to see if it was a required element, I found that the Alert application took almost no time to start up.

Even if you do not use an MSI board with this optional utility, I would suggest looking at any power management or monitoring tools.

I was actually looking here for any update or bug fix.
CA800583

Not sure if this will help, but if you're loading Veritas Storage Guard for any reason I can tell you that IT will cause hangs on TFSWCTRL.EXE under XP. Removing it and rebooting clears the air.
CA840498

This is late, but found HP DLA under installed programs, apparently loads when software for the CD Writer is configured. Once I removed this the hang ups stopped.
Jules
Esteemed Contributor

---++++Only read the manual as a last resort++++---.