6154 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Firmware Updates not on HP Site

Keven Tipping_3
Occasional Contributor

Firmware Updates not on HP Site

Hello all.

I recently obtained a HP 20XT Optical Library. I want to use it as Network storage via my Server (using MDI's SCSI Express).

LT&T reports that the drive works, the robotics run around haywire doing whatever, etc. All tests come back okay, although I do not have any media at the moment to test the drive itself.

LT&T reports that the Firmware revision is old and outdated. It says that the Library firmware is 2.11, and 2.13 is the latest as of October 1995. It also says Rev 3404 is outdated by 3535 (this is the internal MO drive).

I believe that both have flash Firmware.

HP's site is a mess. I can't find anything useful that relates to the Firmware on this device.

Does anyone know how I can get this firmware and how I can flash it into the library unit?
2 REPLIES 2
CA628575
Trusted Contributor

Re: Firmware Updates not on HP Site

You can use L&TT to download the firmware.

Start L&TT, go under the file menu and select 'Get Files From Web' - go the firmware tab. It should show the library firmware as C1718T and the drive firmware as C1716T with the revisions you mentioned above. Just checked and found both.

Once you have the files, go to the firmware update function and flash the devices.
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: Firmware Updates not on HP Site

Try this one ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/
Download needed firmware images, copy them into LTT's firmware directory and you're ready to upgrade
Eugeny