Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1748050 Members
5270 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

HP 9300 Series Problem

Calvin Lai

HP 9300 Series Problem

Hey everyone...I've been having serious problems with my HP 9300 for a long time. I'm using Windows XP Professional (I know there's some known problems with using xp). My problem has to do with the drive not being able to read a blank CD. Usually, when I first start up my computer, with a blank disc already inside, the drive will be able to read the cd, telling me how much free space is left, and I can burn a CD just fine. However, after this first cd (this happens everytime), the drive will not read any more blank CDs that I insert in there. It won't let me burn anything because any software program I use (Nero, Discjuggler, Fireburner, EZ CD creator) tells me that there is no CD inserted. What can I do about this problem? It's really annoying having to restart my computer everytime I want to burn another CD. Are there compatibility drivers released for this drive yet? If so, where can I get them? Thanks everyone for your help.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum moderator