Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1753500 Members
4415 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP CD-RW DVD Combo 9900j

J.D. Bubel

HP CD-RW DVD Combo 9900j

I have this installed on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I have DirectCD and updated it to Version 3.05 and I have HP Record now Version 3.0.

I can't get my data to burn onto a CD without it giving me errors. When I format with DirectCD and drag and drop, I get so far and it gives me an error that says it has an unrecoverable read error. From then on I have to reboot the server to get it to recognize the CD.

I have tried HP RecordNow software, and it will get it all copied and during its verify stage it will come back and say it had trouble writing to the disk and my files did not compare correctly.

My question is, is it the software writing to the CD-RW, the CD-RW, or is it the whole issue of Windows 2000 Server?

If you could help me out on this it would be appreciated.

JD
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Re: HP CD-RW DVD Combo 9900j

Hello J.D.,

Technically, this drive isn't supported in Win2k Advanced Server, so it's kind of hard to say where the problem might be. It might be helpful if you could try the drive in a system with a supported operating system just so that we can exclude hardware failure as the cause.
Louis Boydstun

Re: HP CD-RW DVD Combo 9900j

Ya, but tecnically it won't run on windows xp either, which is *supported*, although technical HP doesn't support any HP product I own....