1752696 Members
5768 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Nero and 7200e

Lee_40
Occasional Advisor

Nero and 7200e

I recently purchased and have installed Nero and have upgraded to the 5.5.10.15a patch. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times. Yet, it will not record to my HP 7200e parallel port CD/RW drive. I also have installed the latest drivers and firmware upgrades to the 7200e. I'm running W2k and have SP3 installed.

Everything appears to be okay until I begin recording. If I have an erased CD-RW it says that the disk is not empty and asks if it's okay to erase. I click okay, and it erases, then says that "This medium is not writeable. Please insert a writable medium." If I insert a brand new CD-R, I get the same message. I've tried Imation and Samsung blanks. Initially, I thought that it may be a recorder problem, but I installed a relatively simple program called "Drag and Drop CD" and it is able to record to the 7200e fine.

I also have a Panasonic LF-D321 DVD-RAM/-R drive installed (in case conflicts is a question). Nero recognizes both recorders.

Let me know if you need additional information.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Vincent Fleming
Honored Contributor

Re: Nero and 7200e

Nero's support pages indicate that they support the 7200e IDE/ATAPI CD/RW, but it makes no mention of Parallel Port version(s) of the hardware. Here's the device support listing: http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1002822593674

I suspect the Parallel version is unsupported by Nero. In fact, I didn't see ANY Paralell port CD/RWs on their list. Perhaps they simply don't support Parallel.

You can open a ticket with them here: http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#c1002822798638 and try to get support directly.

Otherwise, I would suggest finding a new software vendor, and be sure to check that they have support for the device.

Good luck,

Vince
No matter where you go, there you are.