5971 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Surestore Optical 80ex copy utility

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike Long_1

Surestore Optical 80ex copy utility

Is there any way, either included with the jukebox or third party software based, to make a duplicate copy of an already recorded optical platter? I need to create a second backup copy and do not have a 'copy' option included with the storage software we are using.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Mike,
which OS do you use? I guess with hpux you can use dd utility. As soon as MO disks are claimed as ordinary disk devices, you can run this command to copy contents between same media.
I'm not sure but try HP LTT option 'Migrate Backup media' http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/lpg50128.html . Maybe this is waht you need?
Eugeny
Mike Long_1

Eugeny,

Running WinNT 4.0. I will give the LTT a try.

Thanks,

Mike
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

BTW, do not think it's good idea to do it under windows. You know, as soon as new disk will appear windows may recognize it and try to pick it up online reading/writing signatures etc. But as soon as second disk will be the same disk as original from NT point of view (having same signature, same partition etc), I suspect NT may even bluescreen. So consider the following options:
- copying disks under another OS: DOS (using any dos utilities), unix (using dd);
- backup using your backup utility once more to another media
Eugeny