Optical Jukeboxes and Drives
1751974 Members
4359 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cd-rw drive not responding.

Cynthia_10

cd-rw drive not responding.

I have a hp pavillion and my son had played a game on mcdonalds cd in the cd-rw drive . This drive (M) has not worked ever since . I cannot burn a cd or even play a cd on it. It has an orange light that flashes when a disk is in the drive. It also says to insert a disk into drive m when there is a disc in it. When I try to burn a cd it says insuffcient space on disk..it's a mitsumi cr-48x5te. I don't know if it is software ot hardware related. The orange blinking light is always on when there is a cd in the drive.. Anyone have any hints on what the problem may be? Thanks ikn advance:)

P.S. This thread has been m oevd from Disk to Optical Jukeboxes & Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Sounds like the mcdonalds cd either corrupted your CD Software Driver (if you had to install the program) or it got the CD head dirty. If you had to install any mcdonalds programs, try uninstalling them first. If that doesn't do the trick, you might need to ask mcdonalds to replace your CD drive.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Vernon Ackels

I have the same problem. It started last week. When I put a CD in the drive (M:) the orange light was flashing. Thinking something was wrong with the way the disk was inserted, I ejected it and reinserted it, and the light went out. The drive worked only once. Next time it didn't matter what I did. It is now toast!