Other HPE Product Questions
1753979 Members
4897 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Bad hp customer service

johnita grogan

Re: Bad hp customer service

I contacted HP about viris issues on my computer. They scanned through my computer and saidmthat I had over 300 viris's on my computer which they cleared off. After that My computer would not hardley work. it took over 10 minutes to even turn on then another 5 minutes to get to the internet. Which my computer even with the viris's on it did not do this . it came on just fine. So the next day I called back and they did the same scan , this did not help my computer at all. but I was stilled charged $59.00 for their efforts. I installed Norton and they found several Viris's that were Trojan, and were very severe which HP did not clean out. I then called HP. and was told sorry we cannot help you , and we cannot give a refund of my $59.00, because they said I had to pay for their efforts to try to fix this problem. I was not aware that you can charge people even if they can't do the job that they were paid for. I will never do business with HP again, and I would advise people to think it over before they do.
lynn fusaro

This is the worst tech support I have ever dealt with. I purchased a brand new printer with the snapfish app which is suppose to let you upload photos to thier website directly from the printer. The printer keeps saying there is no internet connection. So I called tech support. The 1st time was on hold for 45 minutes and nobody ever picked up and I gave up. Called back the next day, spent 2 1/2 hrs on the phone, most of that time on hold, and they could not resolve the issue and had to schedule a call back for the next day at 10:00 am. Never received the call so at 10:20 I called once again. Another 40 mins on the phone only to be told that the call was scheduled and I should be receiving it within 15 mins. I asked for a supervisor but he was unavailable. It is now 11:25 and still no call, still no resolution, and still very unhappy with the whole experience. I will probably be returning this printer for a different brand. Too bad, HP produces good products but without the support to back it up it is not worth it.
Vajith V
HPE Pro

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble.

Could you provide more information about your issues:

Product number of your unit:
Case number:

Thanks & Regards,
Vajith
I am an HPE employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

Edric Wang

I 101% agree with you about HP customer service ...

I had to called about 10 times (cannot even remember exactly)just to replace a broken AC adaptor. I was so furious by that.

Each time takes me about 45 - 90 minutes, and in most cases I had a really hard communication with the rep.

It is incredibly awful.
Keith Vogt

I don't even want to get started about my problem with HP's horrible customer service - it makes me so mad when I think about it. Let's just say that if HP's server goes down when you are trying to order (for the first time ever no less), and then when it is functioning the next morning with $20 tacked on to your shipping charge, just be prepared to be told basically that it is your fault for not getting your order in before their web site goes down. Chatting with sales doesn't help and I even got chatted back from the agent that she was getting annoyed by someone at work, obviously meant for someone else. Supervisor couldn't, wouldn't change the shipping back - it's been 3 days since e-mailing them and no response. I bought the computer out of fear that something else with the price would change, because I was told several times that "prices can change at any time". then basically the agent said "bye", didn't ask if I was done, and discontinued the chat. Thank goodness I have a printout of the conversation - I will be looking high up on the ladder of HP to show exactly what we have to put up with when dealing with this company. Hoping nothing goes wrong with this thing, as I don't want to have to deal with them again, but that's what you get when you don't employ US citizens, no pride in what you do.
Mitzi Ramirez

So true, I've had the worst HP experience. I bought my computer and 2 says later I had a problem starting my computer. I spend 5 hours on the phone trying to fix the problem then 2 another day trying to return the computer than an hour another day and two hours another day because getting RMA numbers because they kept giving me fake numbers that would not show up on fed ex. I'm so tired and angry at HP and their service
Thickrichard

Is there another customer support number I can call and get someone that speaks a little better English?
I called the HP customer service when I was having a problem with your HP tune-up. I could not understand the technical service rep I was on the phone with. I lost all confidence when I could tell she was reading from a script so I hung up hoping I would get someone better. I ended up getting someone worse. I would suggest trying to get support that speaks a little better English to your already frustrated customers. I just wanted to voice my concerns. The worst customer is the one that walks away and does not say anything at all. I will take my experience with your customer support into consideration when I buy my next computer. Needless to say I will never call you customer support again until you come up with a solution! I talked to the Best Buy salesmen and he said he hears this all the time about HP.
I hope I do not offend anybody by this email. That is not my intent. I have two HP computers and about to buy a third. I have never had a serious problem with either of them. I like your product and would like to stay a customer.

Sincerely Chris.
BobV365

I also have had a bad experience with hp's technical support people. It may be cheaper to outsource to India, but it certainly isn't better! My complaint is that they don't speak english well, so I have a hard time understanding them. And they also don't seem to know the hp products. They simply read from what appears to be a script. It is the most frustrating experience ever. Getting help with an hp product should not be that difficult.
Donovan Dinger

I've had all the same issues...has a failed Hard Drive directly out of the box, had to let them know the options I have available to get a warranty repair done buy directing them to their own HP website; repeating information multiple, multiple times; asked me to call back when they had computer problems; talked with their supervisor after the third ridiculously difficult call and having the supervisor say the only way to get any corrective action is to escalate the issue but I HAD TO CALL BACK TO SEE IF IT HAD BEEN ESCALATED YET!!

HP Ticket # 8036333389
Paul Dolan
Occasional Visitor

Let me just add to the commen issue. I also had to endure up to almost two hours of a three minute task on the phone via India. That said, I managed to get my call transferred and set up an in-home appointment to change out my mother board, though my call was the second call I have made, over a month period, regarding my failing raid drive issue. I was told I had two separate issues and that HP does not handle two issues at one time. I would have to set up another appt. for the raid drive. the tech that came to my house and said it was a raid drive issue not mother board. I explained that is what I called about, twice, raid 0 failing issue. He changed the mother board and ordered the new drive and told me to back up my data before they change the drive. Well after he left, I could not get the PC to boot up..... and I could not get the tech to return my call about this.... the new tech for the raid drive will be here tomorrow..... lets see if he can get things right... so far I am very, very un happy with HP and there customer service.... . customer service should be a priority for HP should a customer have problems... This down time is costing me money. I do have back up PC's but none can do the quality work I need done like the one that has crashed can do......