Other HPE Product Questions
1747980 Members
4282 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP LaserJet M130fw Firmware Update .rfu file for G3Q60A?

smallPrinteruse
Occasional Collector

HP LaserJet M130fw Firmware Update .rfu file for G3Q60A?

Called tech support.  Spoke with tech rep who sad he is a tier three rep, asked for a manager who sad they dont have tiers or levels for tech support.  Both denied access to direct .rfu file for my laser printer that can be used to update firmware thru HP Utility > All settings > Advanced Options > Update Firmware > File Name > Choose

This file was found on Google but tech support has not knoledge of .rfu files and will not try to ask or find out or know nothing about functions in HP Utility

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/pfirmware/HP_LaserJet_Pro_MFP_M130_M132_and_Ultra_MFP_M134_Printer_20170710.rfu

5 REPLIES 5
MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Hi,

HP Laserjet is a product of Hewlett-Packard Inc. This community is for customers and friends of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, which is an independent company.

For HP products, please see www.hp.com or the HP Support Forums: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/.

Regards

MargaretN

smallPrinteruse
Occasional Collector

Hi,

Margaret ,Thank you so much for your reply.  I have been customers and friend of Hewlett-Packard for over 17 years.  And a person of your knogledge as a Lithium Certified Communiry Manager is an excellent person to help me solve this difficalt issues.  I am sure someone like you would take pride in solving this technical problem that other less experiance helped failed to help with.  

Please see if there is a way to help me and others to find an answer to my question. 

Thank you for your time,

Loyal Customer!

MargaretN
Respected Contributor

Hi,

I have let the HP Support team know about your request:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/HPE-Community-post-HP-Lasetjet-M130fw-Firmware-update/td-p/6603615

Regards

MargaretN

MargaretN
Respected Contributor

OK, here is the HP Support team response:

Dear Customer,

We really appreciate for your concern regarding your HP Product. But its hard to provide you the appropriate solution for this issue in community. In order to get easy and hassle free HP Technical support for you peripherals. Kindly call +1-818-660-0765 (US/Canada) & +44-020 3289 7008 (UK)for assistance.

Thanks & Regards
HP Helpdesk.

Hope you get a solution.

MargaretN

smallPrinteruse
Occasional Collector

Hi,

Thank you so much.  I did spend over an hour on the phone and it seem like tech support on the phone does not care to dig into solution.  This is way forum is an easier opportunity for HP support to provide help out of personal interest rather than feel presure while not being able to provice help over the phone.  If you can repost my quetion to an appropriate board or directory on this forum I would really appretiate it.  Thank you for your help!