New Discussion юеВ

Inconsistent ping/access to Aruba Switch management interfaces

SOLVED
Go to solution
RocketRon
Occasional Advisor

Inconsistent ping/access to Aruba Switch management interfaces

Good day all,

I'm having issues properly setting up the management vlan. The management vlan is 22, and the dev vlan is 28 (in which my computer is located). Besides the switches there are meraki wireless access points in the management vlan 22. I can ping the meraki devices non-stop and never get a glitch. However, when I ping the management interface of any switch in management vlan 22, I get about 50% loss. Usually there is a chunk that responds well, then a bunch of time-outs, then more success, then more time-outs. Consitently inconsistent in a way. What am I missing here?

The switches are mostly 2530s with a few 2920s thrown in.

- I checked spanning-tree settings and all switches have the same config hash.
- I checked the messages log in the switches and get no errors or alerts (other than ntp server not available, but that's should be a non-related problem I think)
- I put a windows machine into the management vlan 22 and tried pinging it but in this case everything gets lost

My assumption is that I am somehow not understanding the aruba concept of the management vlan well, I would appreciate any pointers or clarifications concerning what the management vlan does and does not.

2 REPLIES 2
Sunitha_Mod
Solution

Re: Inconsistent ping/access to Aruba Switch management interfaces

Hello @RocketRon,

HPE Networking forum has moved. For HPE networking and Aruba product queries, request you to visit and post your query in the Aruba Airheads Community using the link below:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/discussion

You can refer to the below link aswell for more details:

HPE Networking forum migration to Aruba Airheads c... - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
RocketRon
Occasional Advisor

Re: Inconsistent ping/access to Aruba Switch management interfaces

Thank you Sunitha!