1753500 Members
3555 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Reset Hybrid drive to "Non-RAID", can't get back to settings or Install Windows

Levente

Reset Hybrid drive to "Non-RAID", can't get back to settings or Install Windows

Hey there!

So I was trying to reformat my computer to Windows 10 ran into the issue of my hard drive not showing up as an available disk to install to.

At first I thought this had to do with having a hybrid drive so I changed some of the RAID settings, setting both the HDD and SDD back to non-raid. This didn't work, and instead now showed the SSD portion as an available disk to install to (but understandabley still wouldn't let me).

Eventually, I figured out that was I was supposed to do was download the chipset driver, run the exe on another computer, then put the extracted folder on a USB to use during installation. This worked, and I was able to see the HDD as an available drive and successfully begin installation. 

Everything went smoothly until the computer restarted and I get the error "A disk read error has occured" during startup. I chcekd in Ubuntu and all the Windows files seemed to have been written to the disk successfully and the hard disk doesn't throw up any SMART test errors. 

I feel like if I were able to access the RAID utility again I would be able to correct this but I simply cannot. Pressing F8 won't bring me there anymore, not will any other function key. At this point I have no more knowledge of what it would take to get this working.

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Reset Hybrid drive to "Non-RAID", can't get back to settings or Install Windows

This is the wrong company for printers and PC products. You need to register in the HP Inc. Support Forum:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/