5902 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Capture Config issue

Chrisd131313
Trusted Contributor

Capture Config issue

Hi,

When I am sending commands down to my switches through the CLI wizard in PCM v4 I would like to capture the configuration once the commands have been committed, but everytime I try to achieve this it fails saying it can't capture the config.

I have the switches all setup with ssh and ssh filetransfer and I have set the default settings in "Preferences >Configuration Management" to use "secure transfer like SFTP". I have also applied the settings for each device via "Access Device > Communication Parameters in HP PCM", but still no joy. "Test Communication Parameters in HP PCM" comes back successful.

My quetion is.. Does the Capture config part of the CLI wizard only work via TFTP? or should it work via SFTP too? I can not see anything in the PCM docs. stating exactly how the capture config part works.

Any info. would be much appreciated. Thx.

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to mark a post resolved if your question was answered.
2 REPLIES 2
efpii518

Re: Capture Config issue

I was able to start capturing after I setup SNMPv3, though some switches use SCP and some tftp.  I haven't been able to nail down who/what/when/why/where it is decided which to use.

Chrisd131313
Trusted Contributor

Re: Capture Config issue

Thanks for your response efpii518. I think I'll have to give SNMPv3 a go. I am a little reluctant to do this as enabling SNMPv3 on the E2620 switches causes the CPU to max. out and then crash the switch - it seems to be a know bug so still awaiting the next firmware release which should hopefully fix this!

Thanks again.

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to mark a post resolved if your question was answered.