1753861 Members
7544 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

HP Procurve Manager v3 hangs at "Finding Server..."

Xiano8494

HP Procurve Manager v3 hangs at "Finding Server..."

I have just installed a trial copy of HP ProCurve Manager v3.10.  The install went fine, however I am having problems launching the program.

The server discovery finds my management server, but when I choose to connect I just get a screen saying Finding Server... and it just sits there.  If I try to connect from another machine it tells me I am not authorised to connect.

The management server is installed on Windows 7, but I had the exact same issue installing it on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Any ideas on how to get this working?

Alex

P.S. I find it rather amusing that your spell checker picks up ProCurve as an incorrect spelling

5 REPLIES 5
jameslab

Re: HP Procurve Manager v3 hangs at "Finding Server..."

I installed PCM on my Win7 x64 desktop and am having the same problem.

When I run PCM I see the HP ProCurve Manage v3 splash screen with a black progress bar. Above the progress bar it reads, Finding server...

And that's all it does. I do not see a application in task manager to kill and I don't know what the process is to stop.

I would like to get this to run.  

ssimes
Occasional Visitor

Please check the permissions that are used to launch the "ProCurve Manager" short-cut. The PCM Client does need to be run with "Administrator" permissions such that it can write to the file system. (Right click on the short-cut, properties, "Run as administrator".

Raaghu
Occasional Visitor

Win 7 is not supported platform for PCM Server.  Only PCM remote client supported on this Win 7

Please refer the following link

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02607992/c02607992.pdf

On your another machine (Win 2008), try launch  using PCM ran as Administrator then it should work.

Helper
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Win7 is effectively not a supported platform for server installation.

Statrting with PCM 3.20 there is 64bits build that could better work for you.

For an evalution of these version :

http://h10144.www1.hp.com/customercare/support/software/summarypages/pcm-j8991-0320.htm

thanks to give us your feedback about this new version.

Regards,

Pamela Deline

Thanks Run as Administrator worked.