New Discussion юеВ

Re: Help installing HP ProCurve Manage

SOLVED
Go to solution
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Hi.

To make the installation working, i have done some unusual thing.

1- When installing and getting the error, i have look at the program folder in "program files". I have copy the folder.
2- I have click on the acknolege for the error and the setup roll back and end.
3- I have recopy the copied folder where it where.
4- I have looked in the folder for wich type of file it were in there.
5- I saw that there were 2 .REG files. I have cliked on it. I have try some executable files too.
6- I found the scrip for the error wicht it told me that it wasnt a WINDOWS NT comp when execution of WRAPPER.EXE was done. I have made some test on editing the files and it worked. The files are Typhoon.BAT and InstallTyphoon.bat(easy to edit with the comment in the file)

Now, when i execute the program, it firs ask me for a server. I enter the IP adress, the name of the comp and it s not working. Is there i am for now

And Yes the client is in the same computer... No proxy or Firewall too.

Tx,
Marc
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Ok is your system milti-homed, as in does it have more than 1 nic?

If yes, they you need to do the following:

1.Find the commIpAddr.txt file. This file exists in the config directory, \PNM\client\config and \PNM\server\config.

2.Edit the files and enter the IP address of the interface you want the application to attach to on the first line of the file.

3.Save your changes.

4.Restart the server, you must restart the service from the Services control panel.

Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Hi.
I have no multi-home computer. But I have done the config you told me to do, to force IP address.

Now the PCM found the server managment! And it working!

Now. An other problem. I cant login... I have put a PW to administrator when installing. When loging to software with good user and PW, it tell me "No such user...". I have uninstall the sofware and reinstalled and same result...

What can i do with this?

TX
Marc
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

AH damn iT! I always hate when people put UPPER CASE in username/pw. The admin user was "Administrator" with the uppercasse "A".... Now i can access and configure PCM. till i get other trouble!

Tx a lot for your help. Was very kind and help full

Marc
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

No problem Marc,

You'll be happy to know that the new PCM release fixes alot of these issues and adds some new features.

Maybe worth a look.