PCM
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with PCM & the new HP Aruba Switches (Failure Device not currently supported)

bickyz
Occasional Advisor

Issue with PCM & the new HP Aruba Switches (Failure Device not currently supported)

Hi,
We are running HP PCM 04.00.09.718. We have about 30 switches. This week we bought a HP 2530-48G (J9853A), which happen to be a HP Aruba. This is the first HP Aruba switch we have bought. I have added this switch to the HP PCM, however the PCM does not show the Model number, ROM, SW Version, Serial number etc. This switch is listed under the folder called HP Others. And also the SCAN configuration option throws following error: "Failure Device not currently supported" (screenshot attached). This switch is running firmware YA 15.17.0009.

I have few non ARUBA HP 2530-48G (J9772A) which has no problem,

Any help on this will be much appreciated, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: Issue with PCM & the new HP Aruba Switches (Failure Device not currently supported)

Hello,

PCM and PCM+ are now officially old. 

I would strongly suggest looking at the IMC platform and Aruba Airwave as your management platforms going forward if you want to have support for the latest and greatest hardware. 

You might get the odd critical fix on PCM but I wouldn't count on feature updates or new hardware support anymore. 

Do you just use it for config backups or do you monitor & use it to deploy new settings etc?

Let us know how you get on

Thanks

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
bickyz
Occasional Advisor

Re: Issue with PCM & the new HP Aruba Switches (Failure Device not currently supported)

Hi Ian,
We use it to backup the config and also monitor.

thank you

TerjeAFK
Respected Contributor

We have been using PCM+ for a few years, but the last year or so PCM has been more or less useless in monitoring HPE/Aruba switches. IMC might be a bit overkill unless you have a large network with loads of switches, so have a look at Airwave.