Go to solution
Graeme White_1
Advisor

PCM 3 plus and traffic monitoring issue

Hello

We have just installed PCM 3 plus

We have added some switches.

Our HP 2500 Switches work well and we are able to see the traffic statistics

I am able to connect to the HP5308xl switch but the traffic statistics just says waiting for data, but it shows all the ports on the switch and status says good

this also happens with the MSM760 and the HP2600 switch (Although this was working until I tried different settings)

The only setting I have been trying to compare between the working ones and the ones that dont show traffic statistics is the SNMP settings and the CLI settings

I have matched them on all the switches but still the statistics will not come up.

I have not found any usefull info in the manual either.

Where am I going wrong or what are the basics to configure to see all this type of info?

2 REPLIES 2
Steve Britt
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: PCM 3 plus and traffic monitoring issue

Hi,

PCM+ will try to use sFlow to collect traffic data from the 5308 and, for PCM+ 3.10 and later and depending on your MSM's software version, from the MSM760.  This means that your system must be able to receive datagrams on UDP port 6343, so make sure that you have any firewalls that might be blocking this port between the 5308/MSM and your PCM agent system configured to unblock this port.  This includes any sort of firewall on the system where the PCM agent resides.

I'm not sure what to say about the 2600 as traffic collection there relies only on collecting statistics from the ifCounters, not sFlow.  It sounds like perhaps it was working and then quit as you tried different settings ...?  You can make sure that collection is enabled on the ports of that device by selecting the device in the tree, selecting its Traffic tab on the right panel, multi-selecting all of the device ports listed on the bottom portion of the screen, and using the right-mouse menu to choose "Automatic" -->  "Enable automatic mode".

Regards,

SVB

Graeme White_1
Advisor

Re: PCM 3 plus and traffic monitoring issue

Thanks for that.

Port 6343 needed to be unblocked on PCM server.

And your suggestion for the 2600 worked.

*High fives*