1753618 Members
6101 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

PCM 4 : Error:Software image file xxxx not found at the Agent

Bullii
Occasional Contributor

PCM 4 : Error:Software image file xxxx not found at the Agent

I have the problem that comes with any software update of the error.

Error: Software image file Exxxx.zip nocht found at the Agent

Do I need to download software images somehow manually in the PCM? I find it sadly no menu item

2 REPLIES 2
PanteinAdmin

Re: PCM 4 : Error:Software image file xxxx not found at the Agent

I experience the same issue on PCM v4plus.   I find this very annoing because we had the old PCM 3.2 before and it worked find with switch software updates !!  now we bought the new PCM release and noticed that even this core application feature does not work !!  very bad  HP !!  

Afer i downloaded all the software upgrades for PCM itself the switch software updates still does not work and via the Preferences - switch software you cannot select any preferred sowtware version at all !!   ridiculous !!!

Hope they come with a sollution very quickly and for your issue too.

efpii518

Re: PCM 4 : Error:Software image file xxxx not found at the Agent

Hopefully you have been able to correct the issue.  Ill post a few things that helped me for those looking for the same problem though.

Read This:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=3961207&prodTypeId=12883&objectID=c03386524

Also, my PCM+ server downloads the new procurve_firmware.prp fine, but will not download the software when I try to update a switch.  I can cut and paste the URL from the error log right into a browser on the server and download the .zip file manually and place it in the appropriate PCM server dowload directory .  I'm guessing its a proxy issue, but updates do not work period if I put our proxy info into PCM+.