5631 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

PCM v4 Free Upgrade Reg ID

callius
Occasional Advisor

PCM v4 Free Upgrade Reg ID

Dear,

As the HP PCM+ 4.0 Migration Guide mentioned, i should get a free upgrade to v4 within one year like below.

Actually the Prod# should be J9757A, right? Because I upgrade from J9177A.

1.JPG

Hours ago i registered a HP PCM+ v3 Software w/Unlimited-dev Lic(J9177A) which was purchased in Jan on the web site, but when i clicked 'View available registration IDs', i got below screen, is it normal that HP needs some time to give out the v4 free upgrade reg ID on web site, or i did something wrong?  Would you help, thanks...

2.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Hector Manzo
HPE Pro

Re: PCM v4 Free Upgrade Reg ID

Hello,

PCM 3.x went End of Sale Dec 1, 2011 so if you purchased it in January, it must have been January of 2011.  The one year free upgrade eligibility would have ended January 2012.  To upgrade to PCM v4 puchase a 1 year PCM v3 Maintenance Licenses J9630A  for 50 devices or J9631A for unlimited devices.  Registering either one of these will create a registration ID for PCM+ v4 upgrade under "View available registration IDs".  Since you already have an unlimited PCM 3.x license you should go with J9631A. 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

ISoliman
Super Advisor

Re: PCM v4 Free Upgrade Reg ID

Just out of curiosity can you please let me know how did you register the PCM license you have ?? I'm asking because I can see in the screenshot you posted it is mentioned under Reg ID "not required.."

While registering the license and in the page where you put the license key you have, did you choose anything from the option (drop down menu) on the right hand side ??