New Discussion

Re: SNMP Write Community – Restricted Access

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark69
Occasional Advisor

SNMP Write Community – Restricted Access

Hi

I’m having problems with HP PCM and SNMP v2 write community for 4 switches the rest work fine but are a different model (2910)

Switches I’m having trouble with

2 x 5406-zl on firmware K.16.02.0014

2 x 2920-Switch-Stack firmware WB.16.02.0012

PCM version 04.00.06.628

Double checked the snmp settings on both the switches and HP PCM which are correct but still no luck.

Testing communications Parameters reports SNMP Write Community – Restricted Access

4 REPLIES 4
TerjeAFK
Respected Contributor
Solution

PCM has been end-of-life for some time now, and it does not work well with new software versions like 16.xx

Peter Jakobsen
Occasional Advisor

Yes PCM is EOL - but I still use it to manage 1500 HP provision devices. Yes there is a bug in PCM that is the root cause for this problem. The problem happens because of a firmware check that goes wrong checking for major and minor version when the switch is running with firmware above 16.xx. If have a fix for this if that could be of any interrest. Just drop me note and I will sendt it to you.

Alberi
Occasional Visitor

Hi Peter.

I'm realy intrested in your solution for this problem. Can you please tell me and maybe other people how to resolve this SNMP problem?

Thank you in advance.

jack custard
Frequent Visitor

I'm interested in finding a soultion to this same issue. I use PCM 3.20 and have over 700 Procurve switches managed by PCM. I have run into this same issue with my switches with 16.xx firmware on them reporting restricted access on the SNMP read and write setting.  Any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated.