Do you mean 

Problem swinstall JetDirect

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Problem swinstall JetDirect

Hi All,

I downloaded HP JetDirect software from the internet into my PC then ftp (binary) it to my rp4440 (v11.11) server in /tmp/HP11e134.SD, but when I swinstall -s /tmp/HP11e134.SD I got the following error:

ERROR: Could not access remote file "/opt/hpnpl/help-html/Hpjpiu.html" in software item "HPNPL.HPNPL-MAN,r=E.10.34,a=HP-UX_B.11.00_32/64,v=HP:/opt/hpnpl" due to an internal error on the remote system.

Fyi, I have tried it a number of times. I have also tried using another version, HP11E118.SD, gotten from an old JetDrirect CD but still failed with the same error. I believe both files are good coz I tar -tvf and able to read it to the end. I have also tried stop/start swagent daemon but still to no avail.

Can anyone please tell me what is the problem and assist. Thanks.

Regards,
Azzian
4 REPLIES
Respected Contributor [Founder]

Re: Problem swinstall JetDirect

Hi Azzian,

Problem doesn't seems to be with the file. check system for a duplicate loopback (127.0.0.1) in /etc/hosts.
If its in there multiple times, you can get this error.

Let me know

-Amit
If you are not a part of solution , then you are a part of problem
Occasional Advisor

Hi Amit,

You're a genius. That was it. I did have a duplicate loopback (127.0.0.1) in /etc/hosts. It's a new server I am installing here, vendor did the whole setup and I didn't even bother to look into /etc/hosts file at all. What a mistake. But the error message didn't point out to /etc/hosts file, wonder how you found the solution?

Anyway, after removing the duplicate loopback entry and rebooted the server. Swinstall jetdirect was successful. Thanks again.
Respected Contributor [Founder]

Hey Azzian,

Thanks for the appreciation. Good to know that your problem is resolved.

-Amit
If you are not a part of solution , then you are a part of problem
Occasional Advisor

This forums coooolll...!!!