Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CIFS/9000 and mc serviceguard

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Esteemed Contributor

CIFS/9000 and mc serviceguard

hi, all. I was reading through the cifs/9000 manual and there was a part about the HA cifs server and mc serviceguard. From the manual, I got the impression that you had to configure your cifs server as a HA server and use either the active/standby or active/active, both of which need mc serviceguard. is this accurate, or is this an optional thing. I only have one server, and I am planning on using it to map /home from the server to NT stations. It doesn't make sense to have free software and then require you to pay for another program before you can run it, and that's why I'm confused. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mark
"We apologize for the inconvience" -God's last message to all creation, from Douglas Adams "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish"
2 REPLIES
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: CIFS/9000 and mc serviceguard

Hi Mark:

I ran over and had a look at what you were talking. No, you don't need MC/SG. This was simply talking about what you need to do if your plan to make a Highly-Available CIFS/9000 environment. i.e. One that could survive the crash of a host but still allow clients to connect. The idea is that the IP address that the client connect to is not static but moves between whichever host is actually running the Samba package.

If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: CIFS/9000 and mc serviceguard

Thanks, Clay. It seemed odd to me and like it was thrown in there, but I also didn't see anything that said "if you are planning on using...", so I thought I'd make sure. Hate to get started and then have to back out. Thanks.

Mark
"We apologize for the inconvience" -God's last message to all creation, from Douglas Adams "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish"
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event