Planning
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

EVA 5000 and MC/ServiceGuard

Valued Contributor

EVA 5000 and MC/ServiceGuard

Hi all
We're looking into an EVA5000 to connect to our shop and wanted some feedback from the experts.

We are going with VCS 2.x because of pricing, do we need the Platform Kit as well or will this be enough?

I would like to make sure that we do have all the software necessary to both manage the EVA, and possibly the capability to "mask" the LUNs for specific hosts while making them available for one or more other systems.

The primary use of the EVA will be in a cluster configuration (using MC/Service Guard), and I am not sure whether this requires additional software or not.

Just want to make sure we've got all our bases covered before we finalize this deal. Thanks in advance!
It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold any firm beliefs
2 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 5000 and MC/ServiceGuard

I fail to see the connection between the version of he virtual controller software (VCS) and the price? Why would you not just go with the latest VCS software (v3.02 I think), or are you looking at a grey market purchase without support? The EVA should come with a management appliance - this default package will allow you to do the LUN masking you are talking about. You do need to make sure you have ordered Secure Path for HP-UX - you won't be able to use the EVA on HP-UX properly without it.

I'm surprised that you are needing to ask these questions though Lee - any half decent reseller would have covered all these bases for you anyway.

HTH

Duncan

HTH

Duncan
Valued Contributor

Re: EVA 5000 and MC/ServiceGuard

Our vendor covered these bases quite well. But still, this being a remarketed unit we wanted to do some additional footwork on our own to confirm the requirements so there were no surprises.

Thanks!
It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold any firm beliefs
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event