Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrity SuperDome Cabinet Layout

SOLVED
Go to solution
john guardian
Super Advisor

Integrity SuperDome Cabinet Layout

My company is about to take delivery of several Integrity SuperDomes. One of the "Domes" will have an "auxilliary" 19" rack-mount cabinet to accomodate several Tape Array 5300's as well as disk arrays for bootable Vpar disks.

My question, which no one seems to have asked during the design phase (before my time), is whether or not the AUX cabinet has to be placed to the left or right of the SuperDome. It matters (esthetically) because of the orientation of other equipment in the Data Center and (functionally) for pre-running the Fiber/etc cables.

Anyone?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES
Devender Khatana
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Integrity SuperDome Cabinet Layout

Hi,

The rack having the Tape Arrays and disks can be put on any side. Also it can be shared by more than one superdomes.

We have two superdomes sharing one rack in the middle. Once is to the right of rack and other to the left.

HTH,
Devender
Impossible itself mentions "I m possible"
john guardian
Super Advisor

Re: Integrity SuperDome Cabinet Layout

Thanks for the quick reply. Often, it's easier to pose a question such as this here rather than trying to get "blood" (info) from the HP "stone" (the Sales Engineer) who often has to go back to his/her support people for the answer.

JM